Arm or Leg Pain
Why You Shouldn't Ignore Arm Or Leg Pain
Everyone will feel occasional arm or leg pain in Belmont. However, if you are suffering constant or recurring pain this could be a sign of something serious. It is important you don’t ignore the signs when your body is telling you something is wrong.
The experts at the Infinity Spine Center can help you understand the possible causes of arm or leg pain and how visiting a chiropractor can help.
Causes And Symptoms Of Arm Pain
You may feel pain in your arm due to an injury or another condition. It could be a fleeting pain or a constant severe pain. Arm pain will nearly always cause redness, stiffness, and swelling. Each cause may have additional symptoms; some of the main causes and symptoms are:
– In addition to the pain, you may feel tingling, numbness, or weakness.
– If you suffer a sprain, typically you have swelling, bruising, and reduced mobility.
– Tendonitis can cause swelling and leave the affected area feeling tender.
– Arthritis can affect the joints. These symptoms include warm, swollen, tender, or stiff joints plus fatigue.
– A broken bone could cause severe pain, swelling, and bruising. There is also a chance of noticeable deformity.
– If you suffer angina you may feel chest pain, nausea, breathlessness, or dizzy.
– A heart attack – Call 911 immediately if you suspect a heart attack. Symptoms include breathlessness, pain in one or both arms, pain in the upper body, feeling nauseous, sweating, feeling dizzy.
Causes And Symptoms Of Leg Pain
Leg pain can be caused by a variety of reasons including wear and tear, issues with your lower spine, or circulatory problems. There are so many possible causes it is not possible to explain them all in this guide. If you are concerned about any leg pain, then consult a doctor. Here are some of the possible causes of leg pain:
– This happens when bones in your spine fuse together. Symptoms include leg pain, pain in the back and hips, neck pain, and fatigue.
– In your spine, you have vertebra that is protected by disks between each one. If one of these disks becomes damaged due to wear and tear or an injury then it ruptures, this is known as a herniated disk. You may experience pain in the arm or legs, numbness, tingling, or weakness.
– The sciatica nerve runs from your lower back and down your legs. Sometimes this nerve can be irritated causing leg pain, numbness, weakness, or tingling.
– Spinal stenosis means there has been a narrowing of any gaps in your spine, this can cause pressure on your nerves. Symptoms include leg pain, weakness, numbness, tingling, cramps, or back pain.
How A Chiropractor Can Help With Arm Or Leg Pain
If you don’t seek treatment you may become reliant on painkillers, especially if the pain is constant. It is important to consult with your doctor to get advice and a diagnosis. In addition, you can visit a chiropractor as they can provide great care in tandem with your doctor.
When you visit a chiropractor, you will be thoroughly assessed including a review of your medical history. The Doctor will then perform a physical exam, and if necessary, scans can be arranged too. Once this has been done your chiropractor can arrange a treatment plan to target your pain.
One of the most common problems found during the exam is an issue with the spine. The spine and the nerves that are connected run through the whole body. A common treatment performed by chiropractors is a spinal adjustment. This procedure can help reduce pain and help your body heal.
Other issues the chiropractor may help you with include exercises, diet, and mental health advice. This guidance can help you manage your condition to reduce risk of injury in the future.
Arm or leg pain can be debilitating and in severe cases reduce your quality of life.
There is no need to suffer in silence. Arrange an appointment with the chiropractor at the Infinity Spine Center, and begin the healing process.