Auto Injury Chiropractor
BELMONT AUTO INJURY CHIROPRACTIC SERVICE
If you are involved in an automobile accident you can suffer both physical and mental injuries. In some cases, the damage doesn’t show until much later.
In this article, you can read about common injuries that occur during an automobile accident and how an auto accident chiropractor can help.
COMMON INJURIES CAUSED BY AN AUTO ACCIDENT
This list isn’t exhaustive, but some common injuries from an auto accident are:
– Cuts and bruises
– Head injuries
– Broken bones
– Internal bleeding
– Spinal damage such as a herniated disc
– Mental injuries such as PTSD
Visiting a chiropractor can help with many of these issues, in the next sections you can learn how a chiropractor can help with two of the most common injuries – whiplash and spinal damage.
AUTO ACCIDENT WHIPLASH
One of the most common injuries caused by a car accident is whiplash. Whiplash is what happens when the neck is damaged following a sudden movement of the head.
In some cases, whiplash doesn’t become obvious for months or even years. Typically, you will suffer neck pain, headaches, and pain in your shoulders and arms.
Visiting a chiropractor can help recovery from whiplash. To start with you would be thoroughly examined to confirm the injury and discuss a treatment plan.
Treatment usually involves a spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the gentle manipulation of the spine that is designed to realign your body. You will also be provided an exercise regime to follow that will allow you over a period of weeks to recover.
SPINAL DAMAGE FROM AN AUTO ACCIDENT
The spine is a crucial part of our skeleton and if you are in an auto accident, even at low speeds, your spine could suffer damage. The damage may be noticeable immediately or it could be years before it becomes obvious.
Spinal damage could cause some of the following symptoms:
– Back pain
– Loss of mobility
– Shoulder and neck pain
– Headaches or migraines
No matter when the spinal damage surfaces, an appointment with a chiropractor can help.
Once examined by the chiropractor, they can arrange treatment and rehabilitation. Treatment can include spinal adjustments to put the spine back into place.
The benefits of visiting a chiropractor for spinal damage are:
– Getting treatment and a plan for rehabilitation exercises can aid recovery in the short term and long term. Initially, it will help get you back on your feet. The exercises will help strengthen your spine and surrounding muscles; this helps reduces the risk of future injury.
– The sooner you get treated the better as it reduces the risk of the damage becoming permanent. Seeing a chiropractor as soon as possible can help improve your mobility straight away following an auto accident.
– A great benefit of using a chiropractor as it avoids the need to rely on drugs to alleviate the pain. Chiropractic care can reduce pain after a few weeks in some cases.
A spinal injury can be serious and life-changing but there is hope. Visiting a chiropractor quickly can help with pain management, recovery, and reduced risk of a repeat injury in the future.
WE ARE A BELMONT AUTO INJURY CHIROPRACTOR THAT CAN HELP!
An auto accident chiropractor can help with many of the injuries that occur during an auto accident.
If you are unsure about treatment consult your doctor first so you can get a recommendation. The chiropractor can then examine you, arrange treatment, and rehabilitation that helps you get well and stay well.
If you have questions about how our team at Infinity Spine Center can help you, please schedule a consultation today.